Summer Italian Dinner
Instructor: Judy Bunde
Enrollment: Limited to 8
Cost: $285/person, double occupancy; $325/person, single occupancy
This is the best season to do Italian food to equal that you’ll get in Italy. The fresh garden vegetables are at their peak; it’s the season when the Italian style of simple preparations with the best of ingredients can be achieved here in our kitchens.
We’ll begin with an antipasto platter that will include dishes you can use on their own later on. The pasta course with fresh garden tomatoes in a simple sauce will be followed by the main course of grilled swordfish with a delightful tomato and green olive relish and braised fennel. For dessert we will do an authenic chocolate budino with hazelnuts.
Best of all, this is a meal you can recreate in all the seasons with great success because of the intense flavors in each dish.
The weekend includes:
- Late light supper Friday evening when you arrive along with dessert and coffee
- Friday and Saturday nights’ lodging in spacious rooms with private bath
- Full country breakfasts on Saturday and Sunday
- Sit-down Saturday night dinner with appetizer, salad, main course, and dessert (alcohol is BYO)
- Saturday afternoon cooking session and all materials; the class recipes
- Time to explore Brandon’s shops and galleries