Instructor: Judy Bunde
Date: December 18-20
Enrollment: Limited to 10
Cost: $285/person, double occupancy; $325/person, single occupancy
This is the complete course on gingerbread houses. A complete house will be waiting for you to assemble and decorate. We will have more trimmings than you will know what to do with! But first you will make gingerbread dough and house templates, cut out and bake your own design as well. While those bake and cool, we will start to decorate the houses that were baked ahead. So you will take home a complete house plus the baked sections
of your design; you’ll be able to make a second one with someone special at home.
You will take away recipes for “house gingerbread” and “cookie gingerbread”. We will work with two methods for making royal icing, “the mortar”, and you will get those recipes also. After the basic assembly is completed, the decoration variations are limitless.
This session should be just about all fun and not much work! And once you see how easily mastered gingerbread houses are, you will make them on your own every year!
The weekend includes:
- Late light supper Friday evening when you arrive along with dessert and coffee
- Friday and Saturday nights’ lodging in spacious rooms with private bath
- Full country breakfasts on Saturday and Sunday
- Sit-down Saturday night dinner with appetizer, salad, main course, and dessert (alcohol is BYO)
- Saturday afternoon cooking session and all materials; the class recipes
- Time to explore Brandon’s shops and galleries