Christmas Cookie Bake-Off
Instructor: Judy Bunde
Dates: Dec. 4-6 and Dec. 11-13
Enrollment: Limited to 8
Cost: $285/person, double occupancy; $325/person, single occupancy
When is the last time you baked cookies all day for Christmas? This year we are offering 2 Christmas Cookie weekends in December (and 1 weekend devoted to gingerbread houses). You will take home pounds of fancy cookies for your Christmas entertaining and giving!
Your innkeeper, Judy Bunde, who operated a wholesale dessert business in the Boston area for 20 years, will lead the way and prep the doughs. You’ll make the same cookies that she supplied to Whole Foods Markets and more!
We will make:
- Chocolate Coconut Macaroons
- Authentic Raspberry Linzer Cookies
- Mexican Wedding Cakes
- Orange Shortbread
- Orange Cat Tongues
- Cranberry Pistachio Shortbread
- Brown Sugar Maple Walnut
- Frosted Sour Cream Chocolate Drops
- and more!
Saturday you’ll have some time after breakfast to explore Brandon’s shops and galleries. In the early afternoon we will go to work! We will make the doughs, form the cookies, and bake everything off. Some of the cookies will then require decorating after baking. When we finish there will be pounds and pounds of cookies.
The kitchen is equipped with 3 wall ovens, a 4’x8′ island work area, and a commercial 20qt. mixer. It can accommodate the whole group easily. Cookies will be racked after baking and you will pack them to carry home. Each person will get at least 7-8 pounds of cookies; at 30-35 cookies per pound, that’s between 250-300. Need I tell you that retail for cookies such as these averages $10-13/pound?
The weekend includes:
- Arrival at the Inn Friday afternoon.
- Late light supper Friday evening when you arrive: Chowder/Soup, salad, bread, dessert(alcohol is BYO)
- Friday and Saturday nights’ lodging in spacious rooms with private bath
- Full country breakfasts on Saturday and Sunday
- Sit-down Saturday night candlelight dinner with appetizer, salad, main course, and dessert (alcohol is BYO)
- Cookie baking all afternoon Saturday! And if we need to finish up on Sunday morning, that too
- A complete recipe book
- Time to explore Brandon’s shops and galleries