Cheese-Making on the Farm
Instructors: Troy Peabody. Kevin McNaught of Trevin FArms
Enrollment: Limited to 8
Cost: Depends on the length of stay; see below
This is “down on the farm” like you want it to be. Kevin and Troy have a 40-acre farm just outside Brandon and are raising and milking Nubian goats. You can work with the animals- caring, watering, feeding, milking and then you will make fresh chèvre alongside them. Then we’ll stop and sample some of their cheese along with a glass of wine from our new Brandon winery, Neshobe River Wines.
Then there is still time to get into the kitchen together to make dinner using Trevin Farms chèvre in one or more courses.
You’ll love your time at the farm; in addition to the goats, they have about 50 chickens (we use their eggs here at the Inn for breakfast), very large Percheron horses, and three dogs that probably weigh more than you do! The farm is immaculate, and their love for what they are doing is evident everywhere. We can even arrange a carriage ride if you like.
If you still want more activities after all this, there are numerous galleries to shop in Brandon as well as antiques and a great book store. Or you can take a bike ride or a hike.
This getaway can be arranged for 1, 2, or 3 nights. And you can spend the nights in up to 3 different places if you like:
- The Inn on Park Street (village location bed and breakfast)
- Trevin Farms (licensed Farm Stay)
- Inn at Neshobe River (home to Neshobe River Winery)
At The Inn on Park Street:
- 1 night in a queen room with private bath, cheese-making, wine tasting, 4-course served dinner, and full breakfast is $280 for 2
- 2 nights in a queen room with private bath, cheese-making, wine tasting, cooking lesson, 4-course served dinner on the second night, and full breakfasts each morning is $425 for 2
- 3 nights in a queen room with private bath, cheese-making, wine tasting, cooking lesson with Trevin Farms, cooking lesson with The Inn on Park Street, 4-course served dinner on the second night, and full breakfast each morning is $550 for 2
- For singles, subtract $75
- Bike rentals available at an additional fee. Extra charge for carriage ride
- Stay at multiple locations and we will work out the details with a slight additional charge